Are you unsure of what you can feed your child after they have had oral surgery in Santa Rosa, California? If so, our oral surgeons, Dr. Jiries Mogannam, Dr. Vicente Chavez, Dr. Christopher Chow and team have provided this grocery list to help the parents of our patients to know what they can give to their child. Please contact Sonoma County Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center at 707-566-7300 if you have any questions or concerns.
- Mashed Potatoes
- Well-Cooked Vegetables
- Cottage Cheese
- Ice Cream
- Deli Meats
- Peanut Butter
- Well-Cooked Pasta
- Tea Bags
- Protein Shakes (no straws)
- Ibuprofen 200 mg
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol®) 500 mg
- You can add foods that are easy to cut with a fork after 24 hours.
- We recommend your child rinses with warm saltwater after 24 hours.
- If your child is experiencing excessive bleeding, you can control it by placing a gauze pad over the area and then having them bite down firmly for 30 minutes. If they are still experiencing bleeding, then switch out the gauze with a moistened tea bag. The tannic acid in the tea will assist in the formation of the blood clot. You can also minimize bleeding by having your child sit upright and avoid excitement and exercise. If the bleeding still does not lessen, then please contact us.