- Smoking, alcohol, straws, aggressive brushing and rinsing can interfere with healing. Limit these activities following your extraction and apply a gauze pad if bleeding occurs.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity.
- Take pain relievers, following the instructed dosage, as needed.
- Follow and take the full dosage of any antibiotics prescribed by our oral surgeons, Dr. Jiries Mogannam, Dr. Vicente Chavez and Dr. Christopher Chow.
- Apply ice during the first 36 hours to reduce swelling.
- Stick to soft food and keep hydrated. You can return to your normal diet and regular brushing and flossing when directed by our oral surgeons.
Your symptoms should be mild, but if they get worse or change, please reach out to Sonoma County Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center at 707-566-7300.