- Smoking, alcohol, straws, aggressive brushing and rinsing can interfere with healing. Limit these activities following your extraction and apply a gauze pad if bleeding occurs.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity.
- Take pain relievers, following the instructed dosage, as needed.
- Follow and take the full dosage of any antibiotics prescribed by our oral surgeons , Dr. Jiries Mogannam or Dr. Vicente Chavez.
- Apply ice during the first 36 hours to reduce swelling.
- Stick to soft food and keep hydrated. You can return to your normal diet and regular brushing and flossing when directed by our oral surgeons .
Your symptoms should be mild, but if they get worse or change, please reach out to Sonoma County Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center at 707-566-7300.