- Apply a cold compress or icepack to minimize swelling and apply a gauze pad to the site to reduce bleeding.
- Avoid overexertion or too much physical activity.
- Jiries Mogannam or Dr. Vicente Chavez may pack the surgery site with biocompatible material and it may become dislodged. We recommend that patients come into Sonoma County Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center to have our oral surgeons in Santa Rosa, California, replace the material.
- Treat pain with over-the-counter pain relievers or one prescribed by the oral surgeons .
- Keep your mouth and the site as clean as possible, brushing and/or rinsing at night and after meals. Our oral surgeons may also recommend a salt rinse.
If you have any questions or concerns before or after your procedure, reach out to our office at 707-566-7300.