- Apply a cold compress or icepack to minimize swelling and apply a gauze pad to the site to reduce bleeding.
- Avoid overexertion or too much physical activity.
- Dr. Jiries Mogannam, Dr. Vicente Chavez and Dr. Christopher Chow may pack the surgery site with biocompatible material and it may become dislodged. We recommend that patients come into Sonoma County Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center to have our oral surgeons in Santa Rosa, California, replace the material.
- Treat pain with over-the-counter pain relievers or one prescribed by the oral surgeons.
- Keep your mouth and the site as clean as possible, brushing and/or rinsing at night and after meals. Our oral surgeons may also recommend a salt rinse.
If you have any questions or concerns before or after your procedure, reach out to our office at 707-566-7300.