- After your implant procedure in Santa Rosa, California, is completed, keep from touching or overly rinsing the implant site. Dr. Jiries Mogannam or Dr. Vicente Chavez may recommend a salt rinse to keep the implant clean. Be careful when brushing and be gentle around the surgical site.
- While avoiding hot foods and drinks, do keep yourself properly fed and hydrated; and return to your normal diet when possible.
- For ten days following the procedure, do not wear dental prosthetics including dentures.
- To keep from agitating the site, keep physical activity at a minimum
- Keep a piece of gauze on the site for up to 30 minutes to control bleeding.
- Treat swelling with ice and pain with Ibuprofen or Tylenol, or with prescription medication, if recommended by our oral surgeons.
- Follow the directions for any over-the-counter or prescriptions, including pain medication and antibiotics.
- If you are concerned about your symptoms, such as aggressive bleeding, swelling or pain, call Sonoma County Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center at 707-566-7300.
Have a Question? Need an Appointment? Let Us Know!