- After your implant procedure in Santa Rosa, California, is completed, keep from touching or overly rinsing the implant site. Dr. Jiries Mogannam, Dr. Vicente Chavez and Dr. Christopher Chow may recommend a salt rinse to keep the implant clean. Be careful when brushing and be gentle around the surgical site.
- While avoiding hot foods and drinks, do keep yourself properly fed and hydrated; and return to your normal diet when possible.
- For ten days following the procedure, do not wear dental prosthetics including dentures.
- To keep from agitating the site, keep physical activity at a minimum
- Keep a piece of gauze on the site for up to 30 minutes to control bleeding.
- Treat swelling with ice and pain with Ibuprofen or Tylenol, or with prescription medication, if recommended by our oral surgeons.
- Follow the directions for any over-the-counter or prescriptions, including pain medication and antibiotics.
- If you are concerned about your symptoms, such as aggressive bleeding, swelling or pain, call Sonoma County Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center at 707-566-7300.
Have a Question? Need an Appointment? Let Us Know!