After your wisdom teeth have been removed, we recommend that you:
- Keep the gauze pad in place over the surgical site for at least 30 minutes
- Do note rinse vigorously or touch the surgical site. You may brush gently around the surgical site after surgery, and resume normal brushing after several days.
- Take all medications as directed.
- Avoid exercise and other physical activity the day of surgery. After the first day you may resume your regular activities when you feel comfortable.
- Apply ice packs or cold compresses on the side of your face where surgery was performed as needed. Some swelling and mile bruising is normal, and will gradually subside over a period of several days.
- Maintain a soft diet, and avoid using a straw. Do not chew near the surgical site.
If you experience severe bleeding or pain, please contact our office. Our team will help you discover the cause and relieve it so that you continue to heal properly.